Leading Charge worked with the developer, building manager, and electricians to install one load management controller and seven car charging stations at this new apartment community; two are for-rent in numbered, reserved spaces and five are first-come, first-serve. The load management controller can eventually manage up to 100 chargers in any configuration required by building management.
Finer details about this project:
- Power for car charging will be available on every parking level.
- EV owners are charged an extra fee on top of the regular monthly parking fees for first-come, first-served chargers, and an extra fee on top of regular monthly parking fees for fully reserved chargers.
- A per month, per charger fee allows for activation and support of the online app. This fee is capped annually, for properties with greater than 20 chargers onsite.
- The proprietary app is used to manage the drivers’ charging and bill a credit card for fees and electricity reimbursement. The app also allows for customized billing options for each charging space.
- Additional chargers are easy to add as demand for charging increases.
Management is provided an online, real time, dashboard to track charging statistics and view actual charging activity and power usage.